Centre for Public Health
Center for Public Health is a subsidiary unit of National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation (N-DOC).
Chairman : Prof. Anoop Misra
To create enabling environment for better health for the community through sustained efforts
To widen the concept of healthcare from prescription for individuals to the prevention of diseases for communities
|Doctor interacting with patients in Seemapuri in East Delhi||Diabetes patients getting treatment in Jahangirpuri West Delhi||Patients coming in large number for diabetes care in Trilokpuri in East Delhi|
Center for Public Health is a unit focusing on holistic approach to health. This includes prevention of disease, health promotion and ensuring better quality of life for the population. It is involved in primary prevention, early detection of diseases and proper management and care of the population. There is urgent need to emphasize the importance of strengthening the public health systems in India.
The Centre for Public Health is gearing its efforts to organize the society to protect, promote and restore peoples’ health. Its efforts are geared to combine sciences, skills and beliefs that are directed towards the maintenance and improvement of the health of all through collective or social actions. Its programs, services and activities will emphasize the prevention of disease and the health needs of the population as a whole.
Public health activities change with changing technology and social values, but the goals remain the same: to reduce the amount of disease, premature death, and disease -produced discomfort and disability in the population.
It will strive for policy formulation, program implementation, surveillance and monitoring. It is involved in evidence based research and acts as a bridge between clinical care and population based interventions. The focus of public health intervention will be to improve health and quality of life through the prevention and treatment of disease and other physical and mental health conditions, through surveillance of cases and health indicators, and through the promotion of healthy behaviors.
Centre of public health will have a multidisciplinary teams of professionals including clinicians, public health specialists, scientists, sociologists, communication experts, nutritionists, physical trainers, psychologists, policy makers, and other experts.
It is committed to strive for :
- To conduct surveillance and monitoring of the health of communities and populations at risk to identify health problems and priorities.
- To be involved in process of access of the population to acceptable, affordable and accessible health for the population
- To evolve and formulate public policies designed to solve identified and perceived local and national health problems and priorities.
- To conduct evidence based quality research
- To strive for prioritization of national health priorities
- To evolve a data bank on research and literature relating to public health issues in India
- To collaborate with foreign institutions and scientists for exchange of ideas and human resources for education and collaborative research;
- To help government, research institutions and other concerned institutions in supporting education, research and training programs, and for national programs and guidelines;
- To manage and treat with appropriate and evidence based knowledge the communities with particular emphasis on the underprivileged sections of the society
- To train doctors, paramedical workers, nutritionists, physical activity trainers, psychologists, sociologists, scientists and specialists from other disciplines to provide holistic care
- To provide a platform to take the concept of care from mere prescription to prevention, early detection and proper care and management
- It will be involved in capacity building of health care providers to gear them to tackle public health priorities
- It will conducts courses on research methodology and other related areas of doctors, para-medics other health care providers
- It will conduct public lectures and other activities to generate awareness in masses to become partners in health care
- To strive to build a multi-stake holder collaboration to raise the public health standards from grass roots of primary care to secondary and tertiary care
- To raise funds through grants, donations and collaborations.