“Ms. Swati Bhardwaj, Nutritionist and Research Officer, N-Doc, participated in the “National Consultation on the Trans Fat Regulation in Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils” organised at National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, on 29th January 2010 sponsored by Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) wherein she also gave a presentation on Fat Intake and Chronic Diseases with a focus on Trans Fats.”
- 5th Conference of Association of Physicians of India (APICON 2010), Jaipur, 7-10 January 2010
- Medicine Update 2009, Maulana Azad Medical College New Delhi, 21-23 December 2009.
- 2nd Diabetes Summit 2009, Mumbai, 19-20 December, 2009.
- 37th Annual meeting of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI), Ahmedabad, 5-8 November, 2009.
- National Conference of Cardiology, Diabetology, Electrocardiology, Echocardiography and Critical Care, Bhopal, 3-4 October, 2009.
- Diabetes Lecture for Senior Citizens (organized by Development Welfare & Research Foundation (DWRF), India Habitat Center, New Delhi, 20 August 2009.
Dr. Kalyana Sundram, Head, Food Technology & Nutrition and Director for palm oil research at the Malaysian Palm Oil Board in Kuala Lumpur, met with Dr Anoop Misra and his team at Fortis Hospital , Vasant Kunj, New Delhi on 21 Jan’10, to discuss the gross underestimation of the significance of trans fats in general and the functional difficulties faced by Governments round the world, in implementing the regulations and guidelines on trans fatty acids. The meeting was followed by high tea.
Dr. Pradeep Visen, Project Coordinator (overseas), Research & Development, India-Canada collaboration on Natural Health Product (Diabetes & Cardiovascular Diseases), International Innovation Projects, University of Toronto, visited Dr. Anoop Misra and N-DOC team at Fortis Hospital to discuss and explore the possibility of research collaboration in the near future.
Prof. Sisir K Dutta is an international scientist and is teaching and conducting research at the Department of Molecular Genetics, Department of Biology, Howard University, Washington DC, with special focus on genes and environmental interaction. His group was the first to isolate purified genes as early as 1972. Currently he is the Principal Investigator of a global NIH project on genomic biomarkers for early disease detection.
A lecture by Prof. Dutta was organized by N-DOC on ‘Early Disease Biomarkers of PCBs (Poly Chlorinated Bi-phenyles)–Exposed Human Population’ at Fortis Hospital on 1 February, 2010. Prof Dutta has worked extensively on “Polychlorinated Biphenyls” which created a deleterious effect on the population of USA for decades, due to its stability (though its production was banned in1997), and also on the population around the world. The lecture primarily focused on the approaches towards the development of early disease biomarkers of PCB-exposed population, which could hold true for any disease development in population based research.
The lecture was followed by a vote of thanks by Dr. Anoop Misra. Prof. Dutta then interacted with the NDOC team over high tea and readily responded to their queries.