To prevent and manage Diabetes, Obesity and allied disorders in Asian Indians by way of state-of-the-art research, service, education and public health intervention.
National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation (N-DOC) is under the President ship of Dr. Anoop Misra, Director and Head, Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Fortis Hospitals (New Delhi and NOIDA) and the able guidance of Dr Angeli Misra, Director, Lifeline Laboratories, Dr Asha Bhatnagar, Director, Lifeline Laboratories and Mr Neeraj Bhatnagar, MD, Corporate Group.
N-DOC is committed to fight against diabetes, obesity and cholesterol related disorders and raising awareness of these diseases.
Aims and Objectives
- To conduct state-of-the art research in field of obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes and metabolic disorders.
- To link up with foreign institutions and scientists for exchange of ideas and human resources for education and collaborative research.
- To help government, research institutions and other concerned institutions in supporting education, research and training program, and for national programs and guidelines.
- To propagate awareness among the people for prevention of diabetes, obesity and cholesterol in school, colleges and other educational institutions.
- To act as tertiary care, referral and academic foundation for diabetes, metabolic disorders, obesity and lipid disorders.
- To manage and treat with appropriate and evidence based knowledge, obesity, diabetes and metabolic disorders and complications, with particular help to under-privileged people.
- To contribute or donate or render any assistance to institutions such as hospitals, maternity houses, sanatoriums, boarding houses and charitable dispensaries for diabetes, obesity and cholesterol problems.
- To train doctors, paramedical workers, nutritionists, physiotherapist in the field diabetes, obesity and cholesterol.
- To do research and educational programs regarding nutrition (over nutrition and under nutrition) in general population with particular focus on under privileged communities.